Security for your kids
Are you worried about if your child makes it home from school? or if he leaves again? what if he opens the door to someone?
ADT Group has been working for over a decade in a program specially designed for parents. From cell-phone notifications to electronic monitoring signals, you will be up to date in everything that happens in your home even when you are away.
We can even work with you in designing and installing a system that reminds your child to finish homework, walk the dog, or perform simple chores. Your worries are over, contact us Now.
We provide the best home security systems in West Palm Beach as well as Coral Springs residential security systems, and security systems in Boca Raton. Our primary service areas are in Palm Beach County and Broward County but we can service any home in the region.
Here are some tips that you should use
- Make sure your child knows how to arm and disarm the alarm system and how to use the panic buttons and ambush code in case its needed when she gets home.
- Keep doors and windows locked at all times. This is always a good idea but it is especially important for kids home alone.
- Set some ground rules: Is she allowed to play outside or have friends over while you're not home? Establish a rule and stick to it.
- Tell your child who to call for help. Make sure your child has at least one trusted neighbor that he can call in an emergency.
- Remind your child that she should never open the door to a stranger. Some kids think it's okay to open the door to a delivery person or even someone claiming to be a police officer. Your child should know not to let anyone in, no matter what they say.
- Make a list of important numbers and post it close to the phone. Your child should know all the emergency phone numbers, including your local police and fire stations. She should also know to call 911 if there is a real emergency.
- Decide whether your child is capable of using the stove or oven unsupervised. An older teen can probably handle cooking, but you may want to leave some healthy prepared snacks for younger kids.
- Instruct your child as how to answer the phone if someone calls, never say that she is home alone